Create your Flash calculator or Flash web form with Excel
Make your blog or website invaluable with a live calculator. Create it in Excel, then convert it to Flash with the new SpreadsheetConverter. Using the Flash calculator is just as simple as adding an image or a movie.
Let a business expert create a calculator or web form as an Excel spreadsheet including all necessary formulas. Then let SpreadsheetConverter convert the spreadsheet to a live Flash animation. When a field on the page is changed, all other fields are automatically recalculated, just like in Excel.
With SpreadsheetConverter, anyone can create a calculating order form that can be automatically sent to your order desk just like with a web shop. Our form delivery service sends each completed form as an e-mail, or stores them in a database for easy download.
It's so easy, you can do it yourself!
SpreadsheetConverter Flash makes your blog or website interactive. Share your skills by offering a clever calculator. Prove your point with a live chart. Get the information you need with a smart form.
A time-saving calculator makes your web site stand out from the competition. It's so easy to put any existing form or calculator on the web: expense reports, surveys, quote generators, order forms, reservation forms, employment applications, financial calculators, engineering tools - the list is endless.
We're not only talking simple add-subtract-multiply-type spreadsheets here, we're talking
- all the graphical user interface widgets you could ask for
- live charts that automatically update when values are changed
- multi-choice options like dropdown lists and radio buttons
- step-by-step wizards for complex forms
- smart table lookup, complex data validation, interactive menus
The free form-to-Inbox service requires no installation, no programming skills and no configuration. Once you upload your first web form to your server, submitted forms start arriving at your Inbox. You are up and running within minutes. For a small monthly fee, we store submitted forms in a database for you until you visit our server to pick them up.
Example: Simple home loan calculator with slider and live chart
Features and benefits
SpreadsheetConverter is the perfect tool for creating calculating web forms and web pages that attract attention.
- Instantaneous response: All calculations and validations are done immediately when the user enters new data. Everything is done in the browser. No communication with the web server.
- The formulas are protected: All calculations are done inside the Flash file, so your formulas are invisible to the user.
- Everything is live and interacting with your visitors: The calculator or form updates dynamically when values are changed. Even the charts are live! Use calendars to select dates, stars to set ratings and sliders to vary data in real-time. Create forms with dropdown menus, checkboxes, radio buttons, large text fields, list boxes in a breeze. Design step-by-step wizards for complex forms.
- It looks so good on the web: Normally, it takes a lot of time to make a web page look this well-designed. With Excel you just format the page the way you like. SpreadsheetConverter creates a web page that looks the same: borders, colors, fonts, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc work as they should, and numbers are formatted on the fly with decimals, thousand separators and currency symbols. Play with new layouts inside Excel before you convert them to web format, which saves lots of time (besides being lots of fun).
- Automatic form-to-Inbox delivery: When users submit completed forms, SpreadsheetConverter delivers them directly to your e-mail Inbox. For a small fee, forms can be saved in a database for later retrieval, thanks to a hosted service that requires no local installation or server.
- It's so easy to change: Business rules frequently change, e.g. new prices, new discount options, new regulations etc. With hand-crafted web pages it's hard to keep up with the frequent changes. With SpreadsheetConverter, you just change the spreadsheet, and regenerate the web page.
- Scalable: Once the web page is downloaded into the visitor's web browser, no resources are needed on the web server. So if your current website can handle 1,000 simultaneous visitors, a calculator you create with SpreadsheetConverter can be used by 1,000 simultaneous visitors.
- You get the source code: The Flash animation is completely self-contained. There are no library files or other external requirements.
- There are no errors: The calculator doesn't need any testing, since thousands of users already have tested our calculation engine.
- It's cost-effective: You need the SpreadsheetConverter program only when you perform the actual conversion from spreadsheet to web page format. You need one license for each PC on which you install the program to perform such conversions.
- Excel isn't needed: Once the web page is created, Excel is not required. Your web server doesn't need Excel, and your users don't need Excel. Even if Excel is all around, not all employees have it, and private persons seldom have it.
- It's free to distribute: With the Professional Edition, you can make the calculator part of a product that you sell.
- You take no risk: Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and six months of free e-mail support.
Just slip the calculator into any blog or web
With the arrival of SpreadsheetConverter to Flash, anyone with basic Excel skills can create invaluable calculators, smart forms or live charts from a plain spreadsheet, and then convert it into a complete, self-contained Flash file.
Using the Flash file is just as simple as adding an image or a movie to your blog or website. Simple step-by-step instructions help you insert Excel spreadsheets, calculators or charts into environments like WordPress, Blogger, Drupal or Joomla in just a few minutes, thanks to the convenient Flash format.
The Flash file contains all the programming logic and formatting information from the spreadsheet. Your formulas and business rules, previously visible in the spreadsheet, are now cleverly concealed in the Flash file.
Flash is one of the best established platforms on the web, and more than one billion Flash-enabled mobile devices have been shipped to consumers. Spreadsheet Converter is a clever shortcut to advanced Flash programming that lets you grow with that momentum.
Fast calculation with prefabricated components
Creating a calculating web page like an expense report or order form online can be very difficult. Programming, testing and debugging takes a lot of time even for a specialist. Most online calculators do all their calculation on the web server, which can make the web page slow because of all the network communication with the server.
With SpreadsheetConverter, all your spreadsheet formulas are automatically converted into program code by SpreadsheetConverter, using prefabricated components that have been meticulously tested. The conversion to web format retains the interactivity that is typical of a spreadsheet, and the entire visual layout is carried over to the web page.
SpreadsheetConverter can also generate HTML5 web applications for iPhone and Android smartphones. This makes it easy to collect data with mobile devices, select or configure products or do spreadsheet calculations in a smartphone.
For developers, there are special server products that also can generate program code for ASP.NET and classic ASP web servers. This makes it much easier to add back-end integration, for example for saving and restoring values to a database. Communication with the server is minimal and the web calculator updates itself quietly in the background while the user is busy entering data into another cell.
The new version 6 provides a new user interface that lets you work faster and more reliably. Power users move ahead up to four times faster, while new users get much more help and overview. You can use two or more flavors of the product simultaneously, and publish your results directly on the Internet on a free web server.
We guarantee top-notch support. Technically competent support engineers are here to answer your e-mails. They are all programmers and web developers. You should get answers by the next business day, often within the hour. Free e-mail support for six months is included with every purchase.
SpreadsheetConverter is a mature product. SpreadsheetConverter has been for sale since 2002. We constantly add new value to the product. Updates ae free within the same major version, so if you buy any version 5 product, all 5.x updates are free. If we release a new major version within six months from your purchase, the upgrade to the new version will not cost you anything.
Low cost, no risk
The Standard edition of SpreadsheetConverter to Flash costs $187. The Professional Edition lets you create web pages for clients, supports more functions and more chart types, and costs $357.
Excel and SpreadsheetConverter are only used when you create the spreadsheet and convert it to web format. We charge a small one-time license fee for each computer on which you install the program to perform such conversions.
- There are no additional fees per page or conversion.
- There are no additional fees per web server, page view or visitor.
- There are no additional fees for Excel or plug-ins. The web pages we create have everything in them and do not need or use Excel.
In fact, when spreadsheets are available online like this, many people no longer need their own Excel licenses, which can generate additional savings.There is no risk, you're safely protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, just send us an e-mail, and we will cancel your purchase and refund the money.
Let us convert a spreadsheet for you, right now!
Let us convert one of your Excel spreadsheets to a live web form or calculating web page. Just e-mail us one of your spreadsheets now and we'll do it for you. It's so simple, we'll even do it for free! Once you see the impressive result, you'll want to download the program and try for yourself.
Download and try the program for free for 30 daysDownload the trial version and try it for free for 30 days. At that point, you still enjoy a 30-day full no-questions-asked refund, so in total you can test the software for 60 days.
Importing an Excel spreadsheet in your blog or website
Converting spreadsheets to Flash files makes it very easy to import them into your blog or website. Here are tutorials on how to do this in various popular environments:
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in Blogger
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in Drupal
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in Google Sites
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in Joomla
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in Squarespace
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in TypePad
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in WordPress
- Import Excel spreadsheets and charts in any blog or website
SpreadsheetConverter normally doesn't require anything that you or your users don't have. It works with Excel 2000 or later, running in Windows 2000 or later.
For an overview of the various flavors of SpreadsheetConverter and their technical requirements, please study the product comparison chart.